Thursday 16 July 2009

Sorry I'm late, I was stuck in traffic.

Hi, I'm Andrew, and I'll be your Wednesday. I think today is actually Thursday, so my apologies to my more punctual bloggers and bloggette, but yesterday I was stuck on the M62 washing my hair while the dog ate my homework.

I am currently self-employed as an unemployed person, but I've only been a university graduate for nigh on 48 hours, so I think I'm still in the period where this is somewhat acceptable. The climax of my university career saw me writing a very big essay on the likes of George Saunders and Tao Lin (I actually adore Eeee Eee Eeeee), which you would think is all you need to know about me since it paints something of a damningly hipster-tastic picture. It gets worse, though - I also wrote an essay on The Shining, did a close analysis of a scene from Blade Runner and mentioned Twitter in an exam on Serenity. Honestly, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

All of that said, I am currently reading Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace's autobiography (the moral is that you better know yourself, little girl), my favourite TV shows at the moment are Gossip Girl and True Blood, and I think Pokemon games are a fun time. I like to think I tread the thin line between pretentious, ironic hipster and sincerely trashy trash heap.

Everything else you need to know about me? I like avocados, shiny shoes, listening to whatever Pitchfork and Popjustice tell me to, animated gifs, pulling a Mystery Science Theater with rom-coms I hate, and worrying about whether I'm getting my five-a-day. I dislike my obsession with my hairline, the declining quality of The Simpsons, the fact that some of the things listed by TLC in the song No Scrubs apply to me, and cherry tomatoes. I hate them most of all.

1 comments:

Ems said...

One of my proudest achievements is knowing every word to No Scrubs. :D xx

 
designed by suckmylolly.com